Monday, July 6, 2009

"Winter Born", anthology in "Stroke of Midnight", by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Before I jump into book 7, this anthology was in the reading order list, so I will read it first.  Will update you on a review when done.  I only read the anthology called "Winter Born", by Sherrilyn Kenyon thus far, as it is on the sequence reading list for the Dark-Hunter series. I finished it tonight before bed and it was a good story.

It is about the Were-Hunters. Since they were fresh on my brain , after just finishing "Night Play", there was a lot of familiarity there.  

The story is about Dante, Werepanther. Remember him from Wulf's book I think. He owns the bar/safe house in Minnesota. The setting for this story was Dragon-Con in Atlanta. I thought that was very fitting and creative on Sherrilyn's part, as who would notice anything out of the ordinary in that environment. I have never been to Dragon-Con, but I bet it is a sight to see.  
Ash and Simi are there in true form , as Simi "breaks" her plastic and Ash obliges her with more. I want Ash as a daddy, endless supply of credit cards *smile* and well... maybe not at daddy, but you get the hint. Ok... got off on that steamy tangent.  

Moving on... So, Dante and his three brothers, Romeo, Leo and Mike, arrive at Dragon-Con to scope out some bands for his club, at the recommendation of Ash, of course. Little do they know, there is a pantheress "in season" there, hiding from some Katagari males that wish her harm. But... she is not ordinary pantheress, of course not, where would be the fun in that. She is a virgin pantheress and a Arcadian at that. Her name is Pandora. 

What does that mean? Well, now that I think I have this Were-Hunter stuff down, it means she is born of mostly a human heart and has been human her whole life until puberty, when after having sex, she will be able to change now into a panther , as well as learn to use her powers. On the flip side, Dante is Katagari, meaning he was born panther , and at puberty , he was able to turn human and learn to use his powers. Of course, he is a lot older than Pandora, but age is nothing to the supernatural.  

Well, Dante is not going to have someone trying to hurt the virgin pantheress in his watch. So... you can see where this is going. I will say no more, but it does give some more insight to the mating business for the Were-Hunters.  
In Vane's story , "Night Play", he was "mated" to Bride, remember, and she was human, so it was a little different perspective. There is some variety here, as this is between Arcadia and Katagari, which we know were cursed by the God of Fate to always hate eachother until death, so it is not an easy match here either. You will have to read to find out though :0)  

Finishing this anthology, brings me to book 7 of Dark-Hunters now. I am officially falling hook, line, and sinker into the worlds of these women and men. Sherrilyn, what have you done to me? "Like Acheron so often says, there are a lot of things in life that 'sorry' doesn't fix..."-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment