Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Unleash the Night", by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Book 9 of the Dark-Hunter series brings us back to the Were-Hunters.  It looks like this one will be about Wren Tigarian, a Were-Hunter who is a mix between a snow leopard and a white tiger.  We have seen Wren hanging out at Sanctuary in New Orleans in past books, but this is "his story".  Should prove to be interesting. I hope they have some of Vane and Fang in here, as I would like to know how Fang is doing since he finally woke up at the end of "Night Play".  Well, as always, I will post back with a review once I am finished. 
Oh, I also ordered the last of the series today at B&N. Kind of sad to know it will come to an end at some point.  There is a new book scheduled to be released in the first week of August, so it should be about out when I get through with the ones out now.  Keep 'em coming Sherrilyn. 

I feel like I have been neglecting my dear blog. I have actually been through with this book for a while now, and will try to give it an honest review, since it has been a bit since I read it. Also, I have just finished book 10.  

So, here it goes.  Wren Tigarian is a Were-Hunter who has been living at Sanctuary in New Orleans. Wren is actually an orphan of sorts, as his parents killed eachother when he was young and he was brought to sanctuary for protection and to be cared for by Mama Peltier (the were-bear family) who operates Sactuary.  Let's just say, I begin not to like Mama Peltier very much in this book, and I will leave it at that. 

Wren works at Sanctuary to pay for his stay.  Traditionally , he is repelled by people and talks very little. Until... he meets Marguerite. Marguerite is an old friend and classmate of Nick Gautier's, as they attended classes together in college.  She and Nick were good friends and she misses him.  However, her dad is a senator and very domineering in her life.

Wren is immediately attracted to Marguerite, and well, as with all of Sherilynn's characters, how could she now be attracted to him.  He cleans up his appearance, trying to fit in her life, but he really did not need to, as she falls for him, of course. 

So, the story goes on, as Marguerite is pulled into the Were-hunter world, and I will not let onto how that happens.  You will have to read on to find out how Wren and Marguerite defend themselves against the Omegrion and the general consensus that 
Wren is unstable and must be put to death, yeah... the reason Mama Peltier is not my fave right now. 

Also, how is their love to continue , as the dilemma continues with her (human girl with senator father) and him (rare Were-Hunter that everyone wants dead)? Well, with a gift of some sorts... read to find out.

You get a glimpse of Nick in this book. It seems they bring him up in little teaser bits book to book, but I hope he has a book to himself soon.  I guess, not being a seasoned hunter with a piece of ancient history, but I want to know where he is headed.

Savitar is becoming more and more interesting, don't you think?  He is one who also needs his own book, as I think his would be as good as Acheron's (which I cannot wait to read). 

There is a neat little glossary at the end of this book also.  As I have the Dark Hunter Companion Guide, I had most of this info already, but it is helpful to refer to as you are reading, but don't think they tell you it's there in the front of the book , so look for it as you go along. 

I enjoyed book 9, as Wren was a very interesting character with a little twist on his past.  Also, I like their wedding gift from Savitar in the end. It is a unique twist on things.  Again, thanks for another great look into the Dark-Hunter world Sherrilyn.  It is a crazy world that I am completely addicted to. 
"Welcome to our world. It's not a pretty place. But then, it's never boring, either." - Bill Laurens

No comments:

Post a Comment