Monday, July 6, 2009

"Seize the Night", by Sherrilyn Kenyon


Book 7, and who's story is it??? Well, none other than Valerius Magnus.  I enjoyed the little bit I got to read about him at the end of book 6, when Bride and Vane had to hide out with him for a bit, so this should be fun.  He has been in other books too, remember Talon's book , and Mardi Gras.  There was a secret revealed in the end of that book too , as well as carried on into Zarek's book, hope I am not spoiling it for you, but Valerius is Zarek's half brother.  Valerius' father slept with a woman (slave or something I guess) and Zarek was born and given to Valerius' father to use as a whipping boy.  Valerius just finds out the true identity of Zarek in New Orleans in Talon's book.  Well, now I am getting off course, but you get the idea, there is A LOT of baggage going to be carried here.  As always, I will follow up with review when I am done.  It may take me a bit, as I am headed back to work tonight, but hope not to keep you hanging long.

I finally go to finish book 7 today. Man, a lot of stuff happened in this one. Tried to keep up, the best I could, and think I have it all stored and ready for book 8. So, this is Valerius Magnus story. Dark-Hunter, Roman, and hated by all other Dark-Hunters and many squires. 

He was tortured as a human , as all Dark-Hunters, because what could make a human need "an act of vengeance", right? The difference between Valerius' torture , and the other Dark-Hunters, is it was his life as a human as well as his family that actually caused the death of Zarek as well as Kyrian, but inadvertently. Thus, Zarek and Kyrian's acts of vengeance were against Valeruis' family members.  

So what torture do you ask did Valerius grow up around? Well, imagine relatives like that. Relatives that cared nothing about human life , except their own, because they are better than everyone because they are noble Romans. Valerius' father even used his own son ,he fathered from an encounter with a slave, as a whipping boy for his own personal use. His name was Zarek. See what I mean? 

So, where is this going? The world needs to see the other side of Valerius, his own toture he endured, as well as the good in him. The stoic, indignant side of Valerius is a front and how is the world going to see through that? In comes Tabitha Devereaux, ta da!!! 

Remember her from the other books? She is Amanda's twin sister and known as vampire slayer to most and all of New Orleans . Tabitha has been in most of the books thus far, but we really get to know her in this book. She is Bride's best friend, Amanda's twin sister, Kyrian's sister-in-law, Erik's ex-girlfriend, Ash and Simi's movie watching partner, Nick's clubbing and drinking partner, and the Daimon's worst nightmare, well almost worst nightmare. But who is she really?  

Well, Valerius is about to find out, and let's just say, he likes what he finds out. Alongside Tabitha helping Valerius battle his own demons, Apollymi is up to no good and using Stryker to help her. I will leave it to you to find out what is up with that. Daimons going all a muck, the Illuminati, Spathi , and some ghost of Desiderius to be included, are just the tip of the iceberg on what action to expect in this one.  

Let me also tell you , Nick really messes up here and some crazy stuff happens with that, but I am still trying to figure it out. Some sad things too, that I will leave for you to discover. In a nut shell, book 7 is full of action and revelation. I enjoyed it, and for the record, I am going to find some ambrosia and see what happens *grin* Until next time... "Boy, I'm backwoods Cajun, I ain't never go no class , cher."-Nick Gautier.

No comments:

Post a Comment